Sunday, February 1, 2009

A (small) project finished

I hope you all had a good weekend! It was such a nice one here~ my husband and I got out without the kiddos, which was really fun, because it's been six weeks since our last "date". An extra bonus was that my husband's parents were the babysitters and took them overnight, too! So we went out for dinner and rented a movie to take home. AND...I did something so extravagant, so unheard of, and slept in until ten in the morning, even though I didn't need to. Just because I always wish I could and the house was...quiet! :)

We watched "The Bourne Ultimatum", which was the last in a series of three movies about a man who has amnesia, and you start out with more information regarding who he is than he has. I like a good action movie, but finding tolerable ones can be tricky. (Ones with action, but also more of everything else you don't want to see.) It wasn't perfect, and there definitely was violence in it. Too much killing, but that goes with the plot, I guess. I definitely cannot recommend it in the same way as I could "Fireproof", but I liked the intensity of it! High-speed chases, the CIA, international espionage...love it! Have any of you seen any of these movies? Just curious...if so, what did you think of them?



On a lighter subject, I finally finished a little project I started. I found this wrought iron baker's rack last spring on Craig's list. It was a glossy pink, which wasn't too terrible, so I kept it like that for a while. It fit perfectly in a little nook of our hall bath.



I grew tired of the color though, and knew it would look much better white. I hadn't finished spray painting it before our weather turned wintry cold. But I just recently decided, cold or not, to just get it done and out of our garage! You can't see the top of it in this picture, so here's another one...



Now I just need to put things on it. I'm thinking bath towels would look rather nice...this space between our bathroom counter and the wall was practically screaming for something, and though you typically put a baker's rack in a kitchen, it somehow works to have it in here...what do you think?

Well, I am off to visit your blogs now! :) I hope your Monday is a wonderful one! :)
Have a great night!

14 comments:

Tracey said...

It's really beautiful..my husband loves the Bourne movies, and watches them over and over!!!!!
Tracey xxx

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

My hubby liked Bourne Supremacy. We both absolutely loved Fireproof! I don't know that any movie is better than that one!

I am glad you had a fun date and you got to sleep in! Lucky you!

Your shelf looks really nice! I like it and think towels on it will be perfect!

Jamie

Anonymous said...

We have not seen any of the Bourne movies. I really don't know why considering we usually watch just about everything that comes out. Sounds like you both had a very relaxing night without the kids. I love your iron shelf. It looks very nice!

Shell in your Pocket said...

Very pretty! I love the silhoutte on the wall!
-sandy toe

the undomesticated wife said...

I think it looks perfect for that space!

Gretchen said...

Found you through Sandy Toes...

what a perfect spot for a bakers rack! it looks great!

Unknown said...

Oh its always good to get to sleep in! Love the shelf!

Darlene said...

I think it looks perfect in that space. Just put your towels and bathroom accessories on it and you are set!

Glad you had a fun date and got to sleep in. I would LOVE to sleep in one morning but my doggies wake me up and must go out to potty between 5 & 6 every morning!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jenni! That's wonderful that you guys got a date night. You deserve it! I love the Bourne trilogy and own all 3 movies. They are among my all time favorite movies.
Sorry I didn't call you Thursday night! It got to be too late, and I was gone a lot this weekend. I'm looking forward to Friday so we can catch up on things! :)

{oc cottage} said...

How cute! And your wall color is gorgeous!!

M ^..^

Elyse said...

This looks beautiful! Like it belongs there! I need something like this for my bathroom as well.. I need to start getting things off craigs list and fixing them up, what an awesome, inexpensive, beautiful piece!

Robin Beck said...

What a cute rack you got-I really like it white. I love the blue jars on it and think towels on it would look great!
Hope you are having a great week-Sunshine is out so I'm going to go get me some vitamin D while I can!
Robin~♥

Ms. Tee said...

That turned out so pretty, and I really like the color of paint in your bathroom, too. :) Have a great week!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

Pretty--and I love your jars, too.

~ Sarah