Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!



I hope you had a fantastic one, and are having a great weekend! My husband and I went out last night to The Old Spaghetti Factory~ love that restaurant!~ and tonight we had a little family party. We always celebrate on the actual holiday together, and just the two of us on a different night. The wait at the restaurant is too much on V-day night! :) My husband gave me a sweet homemade card with a thoughtful note, and a coupon tucked inside for the cozy robe I'd spotted at Target or a pair of pajamas~ my choice. I saw the cutest pair of pjs while we were there~ kind of crazy flannel bottoms with a blue top~ very cute, but I opted for the robe. Soft on the outside and the inside, in pink and red, it feels very Valentines-ish! Oh, I could do a filibuster on the wonders of cute and comfortable pajamas! :)




I didn't end up decorating as much as I'd hoped, but I had fun cutting out these hearts for the chandelier. I got this idea from another blog~ I think it was from The Happy Homebody...here's another picture, up close...



...and personal...




...Well, not really, but it just sounded good, especially considering it's Valentine's Day. I think that was a romantic comedy from the 90's, "Up Close and Personal", with Michelle Phieffer and an actor named George something or other...am I right? I remember it being all right, a pretty decent film. Then again, I saw it on TV and they have to filter a lot of junk out...now that was a tangent! :) But while we are on a tangent, here's another little one...




I almost didn't show you this picture because of the unfinished buffet and moulding in the background, but in the end, I just had to show you this picture of Max. Oh, I love this cat! He's my baby, since no one around here likes to be told that anymore :( ...but Max never minds! Ever since losing Lillie, I take him even less for granted. I'm open to adopting another, so we'll see...

I wanted to say (again) that I haven't forgotten you all! I have so much missed coming by your blogs this past week or two, and I will definitely be stopping by soon. I know I said that earlier this week, but it just didn't happen. This week will be different! Till then, have a good rest of your weekend, and a blessed night! :)

11 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I love all those hearts! Your robe sounds soft and comfy! My favorite color too... red!!!

Have a great Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Jenni,

Those hearts hanging from your chandelier are absolutely beautiful. I'd love to do something like that next year.

Your little kitty is so cute!

Glad that you had a wonderful Valentine's Day.

Unknown said...

I am glad you had a wonderful valentines love the chandelier it looks great!

Cute kitty!

the undomesticated wife said...

Nice to see you!

trish said...

Hi Jenni~
I adore your picture of Max! :o) I am still so sorry that Lilly never came home. That breaks my heart.
I too could type away about jammies! I don't know what it is, I just love pj's! :o) I have a possible surgery coming up (did not blog about it) and I asked my husband if I can have a new pair of jammies if I have to go through with this. He said yes - I can have 10 new pair of jammies if I have to go through with it! Augh! :o)
Your hearts are precious! I wish I would have done more this year. It is really my first year for decorations on Valentine's Day. I always do something special but have never decorated in our home. It was fun and I look forward to adding a little more next year.
Have a wonderful rest of your weekend! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Ashley said...

No-one around my house likes to be called "the baby" either! Cute Valentine decorating- good job! You have great ideas, thanks for sharing!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

We never go out on VDay - the crowds at restaurants are just too much. Sounds like you had a lovely day!

Manuela

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I like the hearts hanging from your chandelier--cute!!

~ Sarah

Tracey said...

Hi Jenni. Thanks for the 'B'. I really enjoyed doing that list!
Love Tracey xxx

Tracey said...

Hi Jenni. Thanks for the 'B'. I really enjoyed doing that list!
Love Tracey xxx

Angry American said...

What a wonderful kitty. (hell all cats are wonderful) :D