Friday, February 27, 2009

Fabulous Finds Friday

I decided to try something new...I keep seeing all of these wonderful weekly themed posts some bloggers are doing~ such "Stir and Season Saturday" and "Works-for-me Wednesday" on Shell in Your Pocket, for example. The titles are catchy and the posts are so fun! So I couldn't help myself of course. Actually, I just thought it would be fun to do! SO...although the title is not nearly as witty as some, I am going to post every Friday on some fantastic "find". It could be anything from a great product to a fun garage sale item! :)




This week's "fabulous find" is Downy Simple Pleasures' lavender vanilla fabric softener...I just LOVE it! It not only makes our laundry smell divine, it makes me actually happy doing the laundry. (Well, as happy as one could possibly be doing laundry in a frigid garage...oh, for a true laundry room! But I digress...) This line of fabric softener actually comes in, I think it is, four different scents now, but this is my favorite. :)


"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""




Yesterday morning, we woke up to a smattering of snow. I knew it was too soon to say spring quite yet!




Remember the flowers I planted last weekend? Poor little things! :) But today there are all better, the snow is mostly all gone, and the sun was shining all day! :)

I have been spending this week working in our room~ sewing curtains and finishing the touch-up painting on furniture and the moulding we've installed, and hanging up some pictures... We were able to move a bookshelf out of our room that was making it rather crowded in there, and now it looks so much better. I didn't want to show pictures until it was out of the room. Our dining room is on hold for now because we just re-textured an area of the room that was first textured too lightly, so it will be about a week until I can show you a full room view of that room. But our master bedroom is really coming along, so I think this room will be my first "full room" shot of this house that you see! I'll be around in the next day or two with some pictures! :)

I hope you have a wonderful weekend! Take care,



12 comments:

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

yeah jen, keep posting and i will marvel in your finds...

Lisa said...

THAT SCENT IS MY ALL TIME FAV. MIX IT UP IN A FEW WEEKS TO A DIFFERENT SCENT THEN GO BACK. DO THIS REGULARLY OR YOU WON'T NOTICE IT AFTER AWHILE.

HEY, I LOVE HOW THE SNOW LOOKS ON YOUR FLOWERS!

HUGS FROM MAINE

http://sophie4me.blogspot.com/

trish said...

I am sorry about the snow coming around again. I am walking around my yard feeling my trees for buds to see if anything is working it's way out! :o) In just a few more weeks, it will really begin to look like spring. :o) I may actually get to mow my grass! :o)
Your Friday Finds is a great idea. You had mentioned a body wash a while back and I received a coupon in the mail for it yesterday, so will give it a try.
Your home is coming along so nicely. :o) I look forward to seeing all of your lovely touches!
I hope that you are having a nice weekend.
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Anonymous said...

I have not tried the Downy. We'll have to try that.

Spring is not quite here either. They are calling for snow on Monday. Loved the picture of your flowers.

Can't wait to see the pictures of your home.

the undomesticated wife said...

It's funny, because last year, when we thought it was finally going to warm up for good, we got snow. In March. In TEXAS!!! LOL

Our Complete Family said...

Ah, snow again. No fun when you're all geared up and in the spring mood, is it?
The Friday finds idea is a neat one! Sadly I can't use that stuff b/c my little ones have such sensitive skin I can only use special products. Bummer b/c it sure looks like it smells fantastic!!!

Rue said...

Hi Jenni :)

I think I'll try that new scent, since I'm kinda sick of our regular one.

I can't wait to see the room when you're finished :)

rue

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

Hi Jenni,
Thanks for stopping by my blog yesterday. I think you have a great idea with your Friday Finds!
I love the smell of lavender too. I am going to be having a Give-Away this week so be sure to drop by again and check it out. Have a lovely day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Jeni said...

I love liquid fabric softner period! Makes my clothes so soft.

Can't wait for the 'full room' shots. Have fun decorating.

Jen @ tatertotsandjello.com said...

I will have to try that fabric softener - it sounds wonderful! I hope your poor little flowers recover - I'm sure they will.

Happy Monday!

Jen

Ashley said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that fabric softener! Isn't it fantastic!! how are your flowers? Did they make it now that it's a little warmer?

Melissa Miller said...

We use this as well and I agree with you it smells wonderful! :)