Monday, October 13, 2008

A time out

For three weeks now, I have first been spraying and scraping the "popcorn" off of our hallway/living room ceilings. Then there was some necessary ceiling repairs, and much cleaning! We were supposed to texture the ceilings this Saturday, but five out of five of us ended up sick with a cold this weekend! So, it will have to be next Saturday instead...but you know what? It means this week will be a little less busy because I can't paint anything until we texture. So I have been taking a little time out.

Every one needs a time out sometimes...



Maybe to read a favorite magazine, and enjoy a hot cup of coffee...



Or to do a little fall decorating...



...and fluff and tweak a little. (And finally find a place for my "spooky" craft.)



I even checked out a garage sale! I was on the way home from taking Gracie to the doctor on Saturday morning, and she begged me to stop at this garage sale near our house. (Our kids LOVE garage sales!) And it turned out to be a very good thing for her that we did stop, because we found an entire huge box of the older Legos! (She was thrilled!) I even found a couple of cute things...



I couldn't be more pleased to have found this cute wire planter, with a green metal box inside, for just fifty cents! :) Put a couple of ivy plants inside, and well, it's just perfect! :)



I also snagged this little white basket, also fifty cents. It's nothing really spectacular by itself...



It looks so happy paired up with these flowers I had bought the day before.




So, it's not all bad. :) I am just looking forward to feeling better, and tomorrow may just be the day. At least the kids are doing well, and can go back to school tomorrow! :)

I hope you all have a good night! :)

13 comments:

cherry said...

Very pretty....and a real ivy...LOVE them....but seem to kill them off. cherry

Darlene said...

Nothing better than sipping a cold or hot drink and browsing a magazine when you are not feeling quite up to par. I know it is better than scraping ceilings...YUCK!

You found some great items at the garage sale. Lexi will occasionally go with me to some. Usually I am by myself.

the undomesticated wife said...

Oh, I just love that wire basket! I am searching for something similar for my master bathroom.

Hope the cold goes away soon. I know everyone here at work is sniffling and sneezing.

I'm glad you got a time out!

Unknown said...

I love magazines so much! Great yard sale finds. I love the salt and pepper shakers. I hope your family get well soon. I have a sick one home today.

WheresMyAngels said...

Wow, I love the spooky craft! What a great job you did on it. I'm going to have to come back and see what else you got going on. I love finding idea's like this as I work with adults with disabilities and do crafts with them occasionally and need new ideas.

Jeni said...

Just what I need...a time out.

Ms. Tee said...

Oh, so sorry your family has been sick. I hope you're starting to feel better! I love all your garage sale finds - we love garage sales at our house, too! :)

The Berry's Patch said...

Great yard sale finds. Also love your cute Fall decorations. Especially with the checkered ribbon.:-)

trish said...

A time out sounds very refreshing right about now. :o) I hope that you have enjoyed your time of rest!
I have an award for you today on my blog! :o)
Sincerely ~ Tricia Anne

Robin Beck said...

Hi Jenni,
I love that you are here in Washington! Hooray another blogger from the Seattle area (I am South of Seattle)
My husband and I came here from Spokane 4 years ago. We had a house we spent 10 years fixing up in Spokane. When we moved here we bought a new house. I like this house but there is something really special and "homey" about a fixer upper.
I love your fall decor~!
Robin~♥

Home as Hobby said...

Okay Jenni,
I think that I have found a kindred spirit. Don't know exactly how I found your blog, but I LOVE it! Your fall decor is so cute! I love the "spooky" thing you did.
Blessings,
blessed mama

Our Complete Family said...

I hope you guys are all feeling better now! Cute things you found! Girl, I am so behind on blogging! I can do the staircase now so hopefuly I'll be back on track! My camera is calling my name LOUDLY b/c it's full of pics to blog about!!! Happy Thursday hun~ xo, Les

Shannon said...

All your pictures are so pretty! I love ivy. And your pumpkin candlesticks look great!