Saturday, October 18, 2008

Inspiration!


I was having fun on Better Homes and Gardens, looking at all the great ways they turned pumpkins and gourds into fantastic centerpieces, or simply decorating with them in unique ways. This front porch picture is amazing! I love, love LOVE the red door and how the wreath on the door looks against it. Look at the combination of flowers and pumpkins lining the steps~ beautiful! :)



This one captured my eye instantly! How perfectly fall! This is one I am going to have to try~ I have the pumpkin, have the mums, just need time! :)



This one is so sweet, and I love the colors of pink and green with a touch of red!





I love the way they used white in these last two fall arrangements. Especially wonderful for decorating cottages with a summery feel to them. Sometimes the darker colors of fall don't fit in as well, but these white pumpkins and white candles would! This is a problem I have when decorating for fall~ the colors don't always quite work, but mixing them with white helps a lot!




Wouldn't this be beautiful as a table centerpiece for Thanksgiving dinner? It is fall, and yet it says the holidays are coming soon!



Again, I just love the lighter colors, and don't those pale hues just pop against the darker green?






If you really want to go to town with pumpkins and gourds, than this look may be just the thing! This porch is amazing! :) I love the ceramic planter filled with flowers and kale, with the pumpkins beside it!


Hopefully this has inspired you as much as it did me! I also hope your weekend is going wonderful so far! :)

14 comments:

Amber M. said...

What wonderful ideas! I've become kinda obsessed with white pumpkins this year...aren't they beautiful??

We have a red door on our home, too, that we LOVE.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

Darlene said...

I love all of the pictures you showed!! I always love browsing the magazines and seeing all of their beautiful decorations (and of course the homes that they have decorated)!

the undomesticated wife said...

I would love to do the "pumkin as a flower vase" thing, but I'd be afraid of the pumpking rotting. Would it not?

Shell in your Pocket said...

What beautiful pictures...I love them!
-Sandy Toes

Jeni said...

I LOVE that porch in the last picture. Wish it was mine!

WheresMyAngels said...

Beautiful. I love all of it. Using them as vases is my favorite.

Ms. Tee said...

These are all so beautiful! I absolutely love the little green and white pumpkin with flowers, and the fall leaves/moss underneath. All the rest are gorgeous, too! :)

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

Your pictures are beautiful and your home looks warm and inviting!!! I love what you did with your pumpkins!

Jamie @ Dear Diary...

Jenni said...

To "hello...it's me again..."~
I wish these pictures were of my house! (And all the pumpkins,too!) I found these pictures on the Better Homes and Gardens website. :)

Julia @ Hooked on Houses said...

What a beautiful blog you have, Jenni! And I love all of these inspirational photos for fall. I want to crawl inside some of them and live there! :-)

Rue said...

Hi Jenni :)

I'm so glad you made your name clickable in your comments! I forgot to add you to my favorites when I was here last and I tried to google you, but nothing, so anyway, I'm glad you're clickable now :)

I love these inspirational pictures and they gave me some great ideas. I just bought a ceramic pumpkin and now I just need flowers for it.

Have a great day!
rue

Robin Beck said...

I'm with you Jenni,
I do love finding inspiration from BH&G-I love their website and am subscribed to their 100 days of Christmas-I adore their slide shows!
Great photos too!
Robin~♥

Jeni said...

Hey Jenni,

For the thing I put those flash cards on or in was something I picked up at a flea market for $2!

Last night I made a garland using flash cards and ribbon...I will put it on my blog. I am excited to see if you make some. It's practically free to make.

Home as Hobby said...

I always love some good inspiration! Now, if I only had time to copy cat them!
Thanks!