Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Happy Birthday



Today we celebrated our son's birthday. I cannot believe he is ELEVEN! It seems like only yesterday, he asked me to sing the lullaby "Baby Mine". This was a very important ritual to him. And you never really know when it will be the last time. It just comes, and that part of your mothering your child is over. Everyone keeps reminding me that soon he is going to be a teenager. (Sniff.) I just want him to stay our little boy FOREVER! I am a little afraid of having teenagers. They are taller, smarter, and quicker thinking. There is such a sweet innocence that children possess, and sometimes they surprise you with their simple wisdom. They are small, and definitely not ready to be in charge of things, but sometimes they are better than me at knowing what is important. I guess I have something to learn from my children, too.

They know how to play, and definitely know how to have fun!





And they know just when to kick back and relax!



They may still be learning to remember to say "please" and "thank you", but if you smile at them, they always smile right back at you!





And it never seems to take all that much to make them happy.





And they seem to know, that when it all comes down, spending time together as a family doing fun and crazy things, is a whole lot more important than anything else.





So, here's to you my sweet boy~ for being one of these three special children in our lives, in our home. You have taught me so much, and I love you! Happy Birthday!






2 comments:

About Southern Belle said...

He has grown up so much! It is amazing to think eleven years have gone bye so quickly. Does that age us Jenni or what? Thanks for sharing the pictures! Blessings.

Anonymous said...

what lovely photos of your family.. and lets hope the birthday boy had a lovely day - I bet the icecream cake was a real hit.