Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Playing with color and a new project


Okay, I admit it~ I am a card-carrying fabric fanatic! I CANNOT resist pretty fabric of any sort (...or ribbon, and definitely not buttons! ) So when I saw this red and white polka-dotted fabric, I knew it was destined for one of my vintage-style aprons. Then I brought it home and was cutting the fabric on my dining room table, and wouldn't you know I had one of those "light bulb" moments Oprah used to always talk about! The color "popped" in my dining room! It would make great kitchen curtains! And I guess it was meant to be, because I put it up next to the yellow and red rose fabric I had, and haven't doubted since that I am going to keep red in the kitchen. I tried pink~ I really and truly did~ but it was just not working. Funny how sometimes you try something new, only to realize what you had in the first place was best.

All right, and one more thing... for my last birthday I requested (and received!) these fantastic vintage bowls from my husband. (They are the aqua Amish butterprint pattern, in case you're curious.) I just LOVE this color!


They look great with the red, yellow and green in my kitchen! I have been mulling this over for a couple of months, thinking of how I could work so many colors together in a way that fit...well, last week I was hopping from blog to blog when I happened upon the "Daisy Cottage". She has a lot of aqua/turquoise, red and yellow in and outside of her home, and it looks fantastic!

Now I get it! I don't have to try so hard to make it all work. It just will. Now for some fabric that includes all of those colors to pull it all together...after I make the curtains. :)

Have a wonderful night! :)

No comments: