Tuesday, July 22, 2008

One project down...

Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a good week! It has been one of those weeks where I feel like I really haven't accomplished that much, but I did get a small sized baker's rack primed over the weekend! (Because even though it was a nice weekend, I didn't get much done then either!) It needed some sanding and a lot of scrubbing before it could be primed. It was painted pink when I bought it off of Craigs list, but it really didn't go with our house, so it will be white instead! I'll be sure to show you before and after pictures of it when it's finished! (It's time to start adding to that "Before and After" section on my main blog page!) Actually, I have several painting projects I am working on/wrapping up and I will show you pictures of all of them as I finish! But guess what? One of them is mostly finished~ a chest of drawers~ but we still need to buy "runners" to put on the bottom of each drawer so it will slide into the drawer opening nicely. I'm going back and forth on whether the handles are finished, or if maybe they need a fourth coat of paint...

I found this chest of drawers at a garage sale, and at first drove away because they were asking $30 for it. After thinking about it for a day, I went back and since they took $25 for it, I bought it and hauled it home. We really needed another dresser for clothes! It is close to matching our other bedroom furniture, although I have to say I like our other dresser style more. (And not just because my good friend gave it to me and she reads this blog!) This dresser has "grooves" on the drawers, and my other doesn't, but other than that, it's just fine. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out.

This first picture was taken BEFORE I had primed/painted it, but after I had removed the handles and sanded it. It is a terrible picture, but it gives you the general idea...



Here is a close up of it NOW that it's finished!




Here's a picture of the entire dresser... I also took another without the silly roll down shade showing.



But the one above turned out a little crooked. I am still getting the hang of good picture taking! :)
I hope you all don't mind too much! Thanks for letting me show you at least one project I can cross of my list! :)

Have a great night!

1 comment:

About Southern Belle said...

Great Job! The dresser is beautiful.