Sunday, August 9, 2009

On vacation...

At my home away from home...





Just my sweetie and me...





In Leavenworth, Washinton~ a Bavarian themed town...






We are celebrating our (belated) 13th anniversary. (Our "real" anniversary was on July 6th.) We are enjoying this quaint little town, taking walks in town and down by the river. Eating (highly caloric) pastries, playing games, eating out every night (one of my favorite parts)...





And in the afternoon, when it becomes a little too hot outside for us, I take some time to craft and sew! Can you guess what I am making/doing? Of course, I am also taking advantage of the peace and quiet and taking a lot of naps! :)





We love to sit on the little deck outside, and often have our lunch out there.





I love the flowers in the window boxes along the deck railing...there are petunias everywhere in this town! It's just beautiful! I will try to get a picture of some of that for you to see, too, before we leave! :)

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! :)


















11 comments:

Odette Bautista Mikolai said...

it is wonderful that you always take the chance to spend time together, minus the kids. your hubby is very thoughtful, and this keeps the love aflame...
have a relaxing time!
xoxoxoxo

bubble said...

lovely!

hey...you have been tagged x x x

Scrappy Girl said...

Have fun relaxing...sounds wonderful. Petunias are great...I love the smell!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful scenery! I'm glad that you are having a relaxing vacation!

Tracey said...

ahhh, how romantic?! Have a wonderful time. xxxxxxxx

About Southern Belle said...

Lucky you! So glad you are having a fantastic time, but how could you not in that fabulous town? Enjoy the peace and quite...and the pastries!

Darlene said...

Oh Jenni it looks GORGEOUS! Have a wonderful belated anniversary getaway!♥

jen said...

How relaxing!! Happy Anniversary to the both of you!!

Your kitchen remodel looks like it's going great!! I love love love your sink!! I can't wait to see what's next!!

Jen

Jeni said...

I think you are stitching something for autumn...looks like an orange colored thread.

Have fun...looks beautiful

Amy S. said...

Happy belated anniversary! I'm so glad that you guys were able to get away and have a relaxing few days!

Camille said...

I just found you from the comment section on a blog we both follow. you have done some amazing things with you home! It will pay off...I assure you! :)

This post just "rung a bell" with me for two reasons...

One: We've been to Leavenworth and it is so CUTE!!

Two: We have the same anniversary...small world hey?? Only we were married 5 years before you...so I suppose that makes us OLD! ;-)

Anyway...lovely blog you have...fun to browse through.

Blessings,
Camille