Sunday, November 2, 2008
Costumes and an award
I wanted to show you a couple of pictures from Halloween night, right before we left for the church carnival. Left to right, Gracie was a ballerina fairy; Rose was a princess fairy; and Junior was a mad scientist. We searched but couldn't find the silver princess crown in their room, so Rose wore the pink one. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who likes everything to "coordinate"... :)
A silly picture, because we always have to do one of these. :)
I also wanted to say a great, big thank you to The Undomesticated Wife for giving me this award. I am so honored! She has such a fun blog, and I just love visiting it! If you haven't yet, be sure to head on over! :)
The rules of this award are to share six things I value and six things I don't, then to pass this on to six other bloggers, SO...
Things I do value:
1. My relationship with Jesus
2. My husband and children
5. The willingness to work hard toward a goal
6. A nice hot shower!
Things I don't:
3. Creepy crawly things, much to my son's chagrin
4. Litterbugs! Ugh, this leaves an awful taste in my mouth! Cups in bushes, on the sidewalk, cigarette butts on the road~ what's with that?
5. The latest car model~ We obviously don't value this one, because I drive a 1995 Dodge Caravan. This is just me, but I don't like to put money into something that depreciates the moment you drive away with it! I'm gonna drive this baby into the ground before I replace it! :)
6. Decaffeinated coffee! (Please give it to me strong and absolutely FULL of caffeine!)
I want to pass this on to, in random order:
1. Baby Mama from Of Love and a Baby ~ Have you read this girl's blog yet? Well, if not, be sure to pay her a visit! What I love the most about her blog is her honesty, definitely something I value.
2. Carrie from Carrie's Little World ~ She has such a fun blog, and it's so fun to see what she is doing. She even started a second blog, Carrie's Little Kitchen, and she gives all kinds of recipes out. :)
3. Dear Diary...~ Another one of my favorites! I so much enjoy my visits to her blog!
4. Leslie at Our Family ~ What an absolutely fun blog this is! And she does such amazing things with her pictures! I have no idea how she does it, because I'm just blessed if I can post a normal picture!
5. Shell in Your Pocket ~ I bet she already has this one, but I'm going to hand it to her anyway, because I love her blog that much!
6. Cherry at Cherry's Jubilee~ This girl is one amazing crafter! The things she comes up with are so inspiring!
I am so glad and privileged to *know* all of you wonderful bloggers out there! :) I am so blessed to be part of such a fun blogging community! :)
Did you all have a good weekend? Well, here's to a great week ahead as well!
*Edited to add: For some reason, I am having trouble with the award picture. It keeps disappearing on me! I have it back now, hopefully it will stay put! Sorry about that! :)