Sunday, November 16, 2008

Fireproof!

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a fantastic weekend! This was one of the best weekends I've had in quite a while...partly because my husband and I had a "date night" on Friday. We don't get to do this often, so it is such fun when we do! I just love having him all to myself! (I know that sounds incredibly selfish, but it's the truth!) We decided to go all out, and first ate at Azteca, our favorite Mexican restaurant. Then we also got to see a movie! We'd seen the preview for "Fireproof" and couldn't wait to see it! We were NOT disappointed! It was an amazing movie, and we have been talking about it ever since. It really leaves you thinking. If you haven't seen it, make sure you do! It is one of the best movies we've ever seen.




I had heard of the movie, and heard that it was really good, so when I saw this book, which is the exact book from the movie, I bought it. It is a little devotional/workbook you can do with your spouse, and since we are almost done with our current devotional book, I thought why not? It said it is a great book for any marriage, whether your marriage is hanging by a thread, or your marriage is strong. I thought it would be fun. It IS fun to do together, but it is also really helpful. It gets you thinking about the way you treat each other, the words you say. It talks about what love really is, and how to show it. It makes you want to think less about your "rights", and more about showing love. It is such a great book, and I highly recommend it. I agree that any marriage can only benefit from it! :)


Well, anyway...does anyone else feel like this weekend went by WAY too fast? And so it's back to the old grind...and this week is going to be a doozy, let me tell you! Tuesday night we "get" to go preview our son's school "HIV/ Aids video they show in FIFTH grade now! Can you believe that? AGH! I was talking to my friend next door, and she said before you know it, they'll be showing it to first graders! Well, they're not showing it to MY first grader, and maybe not even to my fifth grader. Maybe it will be all right for his age, but I'll have to wait and see...

...Sorry about the tangent there! I hope you all have a great Monday! :)

8 comments:

"Hello... It's Me Again..." said...

I'm so happy that you and your hubby got to see FIREPROOF! I loved seeing it with my hubby. I will look for the Love Dare book and do it with my hubby.

I hope you have a great week!!! You have my most favorite blog!!!

Jamie

the undomesticated wife said...

I have never heard of this movie except on blogs. But then I haven't been to the theater in AGES.

Darlene said...

I have heard that was a GREAT movie...it has never even come to our small area!

They are starting younger and younger with the children aren't they?!?! My 4th grader still thinks sex is kissing.....yeah that is what it is Lexi...lol

Ms. Tee said...

I've seen this movie and it is great! We also bought the book, and we've actually been going through it as a family. Glad you got to have such a great date night! :)

Anonymous said...

I'm so happy that you guys had a wonderful date night! I will have to go see that movie. I saw one last night...James Bond.
I hope your week is fantastic! :)

Shell in your Pocket said...

Okay..I am not going to go on the tangent about the HIV video..I am restraining my thoughts!!

Glad you saw Fireproof..what a great movie..wasn't it?? Loved it!
-sandy toes

Jeni said...

Hey so you had a date night too! They are so important.

I was wondering about that movie...glad you think it was good.

When we lived in Spokane we had Azteca there...it was our FAVORITE...those chips...mmmm

Buzzings of a Queen Bee! said...

How funny, my husband and I had a date night this weekend and saw Fireproof as well. I really liked it. We had lots to talk about at dinner afterwards! :)
Carrie