Tuesday, May 4, 2010

The best M&M cookie recipe ever



I finally found it! Well, actually, I have had this recipe for over a year, but it was technically for Chocolate Chip Cookies. And it is a great recipe for that, too. But what I discovered is that it also makes the best dough for M&M cookies as well.

My son LOVES this kind of cookie~ it's his favorite!~ but whenever I made them, I never had good results. So I didn't make them very often. It just wasn't good for my "baker's self-esteem". (Smile.)

I saw this recipe in it's original form at Twice Remembered, and modified it to suit my son's M&M craving, but you can simply add chocolate chips and chopped walnuts to the dough instead if you like! It works equally wonderfully for either!

1 cup butter (2 sticks)
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons hot water
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 cups flour
About one cup of M&M's

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Cream together butter and sugars together. Beat in one egg at a time, then the vanilla extract. Dissolve baking soda in the two teaspoons hot water and add to the batter along with salt. Stir in flour. Drop dough by heaping tablespoons, and flatten a bit. Press M&M's gently onto the top of each unbaked cookie. I usually only put 9 onto a baking sheet, because they get pretty big!
Bake for 9-11 minutes, until they are lightly browned. (Mine are just right after about 11 minutes! :)

Enjoy! :)




I hope you are all having a fantastic week!

Many Blessings,


10 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Yea for finding a great cookie recipe! They look so good with m&m's in them:-)

Fabienne said...

It does look good! yumm... Thanks for sharing the recipe. I'm sure my boys will love them too.

trish said...

Good Morning Jenni.
Oh yum! Those look delicious!
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Anonymous said...

yummy yummy!! I am going to try that! xxx

Darlene said...

YUM those look and sound DELICIOUS!!

Anonymous said...

Those look so good!

About Southern Belle said...

Looks yummy!

jackanne said...

mmm must try them!i love m&ms my favourite sweets ever,x

Sky said...

Jenni thank you, thank you for the recipe! I made a batch of these ab fab cookies last week and they were gone in a day. I'm making another batch for my cousins confirmation this Sunday. Hope all is well with you and your fam :) Sending you big smoochies.

Tatiana @ Maddie's Adventures said...

The cookies sound great - and look good too, nice pics!

My daughter loves M&M Cookies ... I've got my own recipe I normally try, but I will give this one a shot.

--- Tatiana