I thought I would do something different this Friday and postpone "Fantastic Finds Friday" until next week, and join my sister Christine over at Southern Belle Dreaming in her FitMama Friday! :)
I have been saying the same thing for a couple of years now. I really want to be tone and way more in shape than I am...which isn't much! I tend to be sporadic with my exercise~ either I am doing really well, or I'm not doing at all! :) So perhaps this will help me to stick with it! My goals are to:
1. Exercise at least four days a week, for at least twenty minutes total. Include the small weights for upper arm toning, with goal to work my way to heavier weights.
2. Drink MUCH more water than I do! Not only would it make me feel better, it would also help with these chronic headaches!
3. Continue to keep eating out at a minimum, especially fast food!
4. Drink less Diet Coke. I always try to keep it to two a day. This sounds like a lot, but it was way worse before! I have such a difficult time just drinking one can, but this is my present goal! (Again. ) I know soda is terrible, but am truly addicted to the stuff! Somebody help me!) :)
5. Keep drinking at least two glasses of low-fat milk each day. (Cannot stand fat free!)
I tried some new exercises this week, and WAY overdid it! I can't remember the last time I was that sore! I was actually enjoying myself while exercising, but was not feeling so hot a while later...Note to self: remember to take it a little slower when beginning something new!
Something I have learned recently: I heard an exercise expert say that a lot of times women think that if they don't exercise twenty to thirty minutes straight, than it is not effective. Therefore, many of us just don't do it at all. He said it is still very effective, even if it is a a little here, a little there! This helped me so much, because I can always think of millions of things I would/should/could do other than exercise. So now I follow this advice. If I can only snag five minutes in the early morning, ten minutes a few hours later, and five more in the afternoon, this still meets my goal!
I am naturally hyperactive~ meaning I can't sit down! But I have realized that just because you are up and busy, this will not tone your upper arms or stomach muscles! If only it would...
Do you have some form of exercise that you really enjoy? I know a lot of people, including my sister, have DVDs that they love. I have never tried these, but think I am going to try out the Hula Dance one my sister likes, just for the pain~ um, I mean fun~ of it! Well, that's all for me! I hope you have a fabulous weekend! :)